Conditions of carriage
Passenger must confirm medical clearance before departure (MEDA Passenger) if he suffers from at least one of the following status:
• Passenger is unable to serve himself due to mental or physical problems.
• Passenger is invalid, sick or in a bad state that can seriously affect other passengers (i.e. passengers suffer from pernicious heart, severe disease that can lead to uncontrolled situation, mental disease).
• Pregnant passenger who is/has:
o Pregnant for more than 32 weeks or
o Uncertain about the time being pregnant or the bearing time or
o Previously had twins, or triplet children or
o The possibilities of some difficulties arising when bearing or
o Being pregnant by artificial insemination. This passenger must have medical clearance before departure in the hospital where the artificial insemination was made and controlled or in the other medical centers accepted by Cambodia Angkor Air.
• A newly born child with unusual status or a prematurely born child.
• Passenger with two legs paralyzed or both legs and arms paralyzed or passenger with legs and arms paralyzed during treatment time.
• Passenger’s health status could be worse due to flying: passenger with lung disease, ear or nose diseases etc.
• Passenger with contagious disease: the disease that can be contagious during the flight, especially chicken pox, pulmonary tuberculosis, measles, parotitis.
MEDA passenger can be accepted for carriage provided that they meet the following requirements:
• Complete all procedures requested by Cambodia Angkor Air
• Carrying MEDA passenger does not affect to the safety of the plane, pilot, cabin crew and other passengers as well as their property
• Accompanied MEDA passenger: Escort must be over 18 years old, healthy, and able to take care of MEDA passenger during the flight (doctor, nurse is preferable)
• Unaccompanied MEDA passenger can only be accepted if:
o MEDA passenger is not in serious status, able to comfort himself with his illness, and is allowed to travel by medical center appointed by Cambodia Angkor Air.
o MEDA passenger is able to move, feed and serve himself during the flight
Note: The list of medical centers accepted by Cambodia Angkor Air will be as following:
Domestic Hospital: General Hospital or specialized hospital at central/ provincial level or equivalent and some approved medical clinic such as SOS, Family
Foreign Hospital: Medical Clinic selected by passenger.
Cambodia Angkor Air provides the following special services to Meda Passengers:
Leg Rest Service
Leg-rest service (the right/left or both- LEGR/LEGL/LEGB) offered to medical passenger, one or two seats in a full cast for his leg.
Conditions for acceptance:
• 24 hours notice is required.
• Extra seat is required to be booked in same class of one flight.
• Unaccompanied LEGB passenger is not accepted for traveling
• The maximum number of LEGL/LEGR/LEGB passenger allowed per flight is not more than half the number of main emergency exits
Stretcher services on board (STCR) provides stretcher to MEDA passenger as requested by medical center accepted by Cambodia Angkor Air.
Conditions for acceptance:
• STCR request must be made at least 72 hours prior to estimated time of departure.
• STCR passenger must complete medical clearance (MEDA form) before departure
• STCR passenger must be accompanied by an escort. Doctor and nurse are preferable.
• Suitable space is available in aircraft for installing STCR equipments. The amount of space for installing STCR is subject to individual aircraft.
• Not more than 01 STCR passenger is accepted for carriage in one flight.
• STCR passenger is only accepted for carriage in the Economy class.
Oxygen services on board (OXYG) provide oxygen to MEDA passenger during the flight, as requested by medical center appointed by Cambodia Angkor Air.
Conditions for acceptance:
• OXYG request must be made at least 72 hours prior to estimated time of departure.
• OXYG passenger must complete medical clearance before departure (MEDA form).
• OXYG passenger must be accompanied by an escort. Doctor and nurse are preferable
• Suitable space is available in aircraft for installing OXYG equipments. The amount of space for installing OXYG is subject to individual aircraft.
• Not more than 01 OXYG passenger is accepted for carriage in one flight.
• OXYG passenger is only accepted for carriage in the Economy class.
Meda passenger needing medicine and other medical treatment tools
MEDA passenger must have all necessary medicine and other medical treatment tools. If passenger needs to carry and use these tools (spray is excluded) on board he must inform and have the acceptance from Cambodia Angkor Air.
MEDA passenger with sugar urinate or MEDA needing to use injection needle in flight as recommended by doctor and carry injection needle on board should be followed instructions:
• Meeting acceptance requirements.
• Application only for medium and long flight from 2h30 as time scheduled.
• Passenger is not allowed to carry injection needle include or not medical liquid on board.
• Injection needle must be in sealed and checked by authority
• Injection needle should be used by MEDA, accompany MEDA or doctor
• Follow all the instruction of Cambodia Angkor Air staff.